Healthcare Marketing Resolutions for 2011

It has been a most interesting healthcare year. One filled with great change by the passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, large fraud settlements along with the usually ethical and moral failures, mergers, acquisitions and the glimmer of an economic recovery. There is optimistic hope for the future.

Enough said as all the major healthcare publications run their year-end retrospectives, tops tens, best and worst…. well, you get the idea.

So before I going to much further, I would like to extend a most sincere wish for a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my readers around the world. Readership of Healthcare Marketing Matters has increased greatly over this past year to over a 1,000 page views a month and read daily world-wide. I hope that you have found these writings to be informative, maybe even educational and occasionally irreverent. But most of all, thank you for reading and commenting.

So my last Healthcare Marketing Matters blog for 2010 is about New Year Marketing Resolutions. My own Top 10 list that you might consider as well.

10. I will educate my organization about the value of my department and work. I will lead and prove my departments ROI.

9. I will continue to scan other industries for their marketing successes. I will learn about them, adapt them to my industry, and implement successfully.

8. I will continue my marketing education through webinars, seminars and conferences. There is always something new on the horizon to learn.

7. I will integrate my traditional, online and social marketing strategies. All are complementary to one another and drive multiple successes.

6. I will innovate, discover the needs of my customers and drive consistent brand messaging.

5. I will foster a spirit of and demand marketing excellence. Good enough is not good enough. I owe nothing less to my organization and my customers.

4. Brand is my religion. I will be a brand zealot and show what the brand promise, brand reputation and brand equity mean to my organization in revenue terms.

3. I will stop using the words "unique", "state-of-the-art", and anything that is considered "buzz word" terminology in my marketing communications. Unique can be duplicated easily, "state-of-the-art" refers to yesterday's systems as things change so fast and "buzz words" quickly fall out of favor.


2. I will bridge the divide between sales and marketing and in doing so, together we will drive value, customer satisfaction and create customer evangelists all the while reaching new revenue heights.


1. I will serve and be humble, giving credit where credit is due and not repeat the mistakes of the past.


See you in what will be a most interesting 2011 when the writing resumes. Until then, a safe and Happy Holiday Season to you all!

You can continue the conversation with me on:

LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/krivich0707
 Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/mkrivich

Michael Krivich is a senior healthcare marketing executive and internationally followed healthcare marketing blogger read daily in over 20 countries around the world. A Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives as well as a Professional Certified Marketer, American Marketing Association, he can be reached at michael@themichaeljgroup.com or 815-293-1471 for hiring as your senior marketing executive , for interim assignments in all aspects of healthcare marketing whether it be strategic or tactical market planning, rebuilding and revitalizing your existing marketing operation, integration of sales and marketing teams, media relations or service line revitalizations. Huthwaite SPIN selling trained and a Miller Heiman Strategic Selling alumni, both highly respected and successful international sales training organizations, I can lead your organization though the challenge of integrating sales and marketing.